Drivin' and Cryin' on The Who

This message was forwarded to me and I with permission I'm forwarding it
to you:

Hi Brian,  Just wanted to check and see if you caught the interview on 96
[Rock] with Kevin Kenny of Drivin' and Cryin'?  He seems like he is very
nice.
Christopher asked him how he got to open for The Who?  Chris asked, "How
does one open for The Who? That is just unreal."  Kevin replied that
their
manager sent a demo with a nice letter to The Who aking to open just for
Atlanta and S. Carolina, but they were impressed with their demo and
asked
them to do the whole second half of the tour.   I bet Chris said "that is
awesome" Lord knows how many times.  Then Chris asked how much were the
band getting paid?  Kenny said, "probably not much."  Chris said, "Now
wait
a minute The Who has money,"  "I know, but we don't pay our opening acts
hardly anything, so I doubt if they will.  We're not doing it for that.
I'ts to say we're opening for The Who"  Chris then asked if they were
given
any restrictions on what to do or say on stage?  " No, they haven't told
us
what we could or couldn't do" Then Chris starts doing his British accent
and says, "Don't touch the bloody keyboard!  No guitars allowed"
Finally,
Chris asked if The Who were doing Quadrophenia and Kenny said "they
better,
'cause I love that movie. I'm only 27 and I've seen it 11 times.  It's
awesome!"  Chris said, "So if The Who don't do Quadrophenia then Drivin'
and Cryin' will?" Kenny said that he had heard Billy Idol and Gary
Glitter
were in the show!

			-Brian in Atlanta