RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #169

BTW, I think I have found the ULTIMATE Roger Daltry trivia question and
would be fascinated to know if you or anyone had the answer (I don't)!!
only came across it yesterday while watching a special on one of the
Ted
Turner cable networks called something like "The greatest commercials
of all
time". Anyway, there were some interesting moments, werein the movers
and
shaker in advertising did some serious talking about trends and
technique in
advertsing and TV commericals in particular. One expert, in voice-over,
commented upon the fact that "Major celebrity endorsements of specific
products has ALWAYS been one of our biggest winners..." As this was
being
said, about 10-12 famous faces, all identified by name at the bottom,
flashed
briefly across the screen..

AND LO AND BEHOLD...about half way through, there was a close up of
ROGER,
along with his name at the bottom to remove any doubts. Now, the
ULTIMATE
TRIVIA QUESTION is...WHAT PRODUCT DID ROGER ENDORSE SO SPECIFICALLY??

I was only able to come up with one clue. The photo of Roger, obviously
taken
at the time of the endorsement, showed him in that rather appalling
"Ultra-short" haircult we wore for the 1982 "Farewell Tour", so that
would at
least put a date on it.. Other than that, it was clearly from a
specific ad
and endorsement (as opposed to be a still from a movie or something
such as
that).

>>I have a copy of an ad from a magazine in which Roger is endorsing a
watch.  I don't remember the brand but I could look it up.  I do
remember the slogan however "One great face deserves another."