Re: Who In London

At 0:53 7/5/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 13:49:14 -0300
>From: Ian <istanley@quartz.nbnet.nb.ca>
>Subject: Re: Who In London
>
>>Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 Alan McKendree wrote:
>>Subject: Re: Who in London
>
>>90 Wardour...it has a bakery on the ground floor and a big metal plate
>>under the window listing the names of many bands WHO played there...and The
>>Who leads the list (upper left corner).
>
> Are you absolutely certain about that,Alan?

Thanks to Brian C for the learned tidbit about the three locations, which
probably explains the confusion.  I have a picture of myself in front of
the metal plate (it's at least 2 feet by 6 feet) with all the groups'
names; I know it's on Wardour and I'm pretty sure it's No. 90 as I wouldn't
know any other address of interest to check out.

>When I visited the site of the
>original Marquee,I didn't see anything that resembled a bakery,nor was there
>any window or plate underneath.

Did you have an address to work from?  Or did the building just have a sign
saying "Here lies the original Marquee" or some such?

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend