The Who in London

Ian:

A few years ago, I visited England for the first time and was thoroughly
enchanted by the country and its people. Unfortunately, I was there for
just a few days and had to take the train to Liverpool to see where it all
began for my (tied for) #1 band, The Beatles. While in London, I picked up
a brochure on something called "London Walks" (found it at a tourist spot
next to Victoria Station). We went on a walk through London with Richard
Porter (I think) visiting film sites, etc. of Beatles haunts. The walk I
would have really loved to take, unfortunately, was on the night my flight
was leaving for home. It was a night walk of pubs and clubs where different
bands started out and/or played in their early years.

I know London Walks has a web site (http://scim.co.uk/londonwalks), and you
may get some info on there about this walk, if it still exists. If not,
Richard's e-mail address is on there. He was the person who told us about
that walk. It stuck in my mind because he mentioned they went to places THE
WHO frequented. When (and if) I return to London, I will definitely look
into those walks again. Have fun in London!

Corkface
(aka Diane)