Re: Freedom and Link Wray

Mark : =

Thanks a lot for your posting.
It give me enlightment to another way of thinking
You know, in my culture, arguing about 'who's best' or 'I'm the best'
means only that those people suffer of a lack of faith in themselve.
That's why I was a little provocative. You make me understand, and
i'll take care.
But there is another point. And in this one, the Who are representative.
It's that it's important to fight the institutions. And when I say
institution, =

I mean everything that you have to believe or trust without understand.
'We don't get fooled again' is a great sentence which has a huge =

meaning in the old continent where I live. And when PT wrote
'The morals that they worship will be gone', you have to place
it in the historic context of the end of the sixties and the begining
of the seventies. Great rock bands like the Who, the Stones and others
fought the establishment, the old culture. (look at PT wearing a suit =

made with the Union Jack) But they weren't alone.
In France, Belgium, England, Germany, a kind of revolution happened in
'68, led by students and workers . It changed a lot of mentality.
We are kids of this revolution. That's why freedom of thinking
is so important to us.
Living without the certainty that everything is good or bad is maybe a
little
difficult. But it makes you open your eyes and your ears.
And BTW, your posting show me that your eyes and ears are open.

About Link Wray, read Guitar World of June 97 there is a review about =

a 4 CDs reissue of Link. And you should find records on =

http://www.cdnow.com (I didn't check).

Yves-Pierre
"Mourir pour ses id=E9es, oui, mais de mort lente" (G. Brassens)