Will there be a new album

>From: LARSPUMA@aol.com
>
>Does anyone know if the WHO are coming out with a new album?  Thank you.

That is the Million dollar question. I have read (somewhere on the
Internet)that Pete and Roger get along now better than they ever did.
Supposedly they both visit psychological counselors and were both given the
same advice. To approach each other with their differences and it seems as
if it is working. The same article went on to say that they are working on
some projects together.

Now, Pete's last project was not a success in his eyes or in album sales. I
would imagine that he will put something else out so that he can go out with
something that is successful. Wether or not it is a Who album I will never
know until it is released.

Financially they could definately use a new album and a tour. Is it me or
does it seem that The Who are the poorest band in the world. According to
Pete he is always broke.

Now I have read on this list that John once gently hinted to a new album. Of
course that is speculation of the author of the post. I imagine that if it
was up to John Entwhistle The Who would have been making records and touring
for the last 14 years. Actually some of the best work on Face Dances and
It's Hard are Johns songs "Quiet One" and "Dangerous". In my opinion of
course, then again my favorite album is Who Are You, so there ya go.

My personal opinion is that with the huge success of the Quadrophenia (great
reviews) tour and the surviving members getting older and more mature with
each other, a new album is inevitable. Meanwhile if you look at the work
that Pete has produced; Will we like his new material? He seems to show a
real liking to the big band sound that his father used to perform.
Personally I like the orchestral sound in the music. I think that the
Daltrey PPV special in 94 could have been better but I liked the idea.

What would be best for all of us die hards is a commercial album that has
lots of airplay and reaches a younger audience. We would get the tour that
we want and most likely another album after that. That would be the ideal
scenario. I would sacrifice a little quality for quantity at this point.
Again, just my opinion.

Now to answer the real question of, Are The Who going to produce a new album?

I don't know.

Vince