The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #18

>Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 22:53:01 -0800 (PST)
>To: TheWho-Digest@igtc.com
>Sender: TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com
>

>The Who Mailing List Digest
>Tuesday, January 21 1997Volume 04 : Number 018
>

>In this issue:
>
>	re-narrowmindedness on the list
>	Where's  Chris?
>	Web page update

>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:50:25 -0800 (PST)
>From: Henry Gambill <hgambill@pepperdine.edu>
>Subject: re-narrowmindedness on the list
>
>Well, I am one that found this post breathtakingly funny
>and feel that anyone that didn't needs to be soundly
>spanked until they cheer up or forced to do an internship
> with Astley or something.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:35:09 -0600 (CST)
>From: Linda Thompson <lthompsn@sound.net>
>Subject: Where's  Chris?
>
>I don't know if this has been brought up before, because I'm a new-be. But I
>must know. Are there any Whooligans out there that have any idea what
>happened to Chris's WHO Lynx? Because he basically was the center of the WHO
>world in cyberspace. And since he's been gone, I've had no where to go
>(whimper, sniff).
>Sooo, If you have info, let me know.
>                                Thanks,
>                                Andrew
>
>P.S.  I use my mom's e-mail address, so don't be confused by the name that
>goes with it.
>P.P.S. I must inform everyone, if you don't have it already, that the book
>"The Who, Maximum R&B, by Richard Barnes" is awesome! It has  an  insider's
>look at  things, and has tons of pictures. It also talks about Kit Lambert's
>and Chris Stamp's zany managing style.(Crazy if you ask me)
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 22 Jan 97 09:41:35 EST
>From: dbowler@mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au
>Subject: Web page update
>
>I have made a number of updates to the Australian discographies on my web page
>and added a few scans here and there.  In particular I have gone about as
far as
>I can go with the solo information.  I suspect there are gaps there that
need to
>be filled.
>
>All you record collectors out there that have any Aussie pressings, please
check
>it out and email me if you have any updates/corrections etc etc
>
>I have also updated the list of cover versions by Aussie artists.
>
>Thanks,
>Denis.         http://www.pcug.org.au/~dbowler/who.html

>Back issues are available for anonymous FTP from ftp.igtc.com in
>/pub/pmm/thewho.

Hi! I begin to like the who after their quadrophenia live in Vancover on
October 1996. I like Roger Daltrey's vocal sound, his serious atitude. John
Entwistle's bass skill, especially in "5:15". It's powerful. Pete
Townshend's acoustic guitar and electric guitar (performed in "love reign
O'er me").

Now, I want to know the business about them after the live (Pete, John, Roger).
Does John release his solo later? How about Roger and Pete.

Last month I bought a remastered "The who by numbers" CD. I think that is
the worst remastered CD than the others, especially the 3 bouns tracks. I
know that there are some good live songs which are not in the album. I'm a
little bit pity.

At last, can you tell me some books about the who? For example, their
lifetime for every member etc. It is because I am a beginner that I know
about the who.

                                                                Henry