Re: "Full Moon" book

> NPXK46D@prodigy.com ( KYLA   DORSEY) wrote :

> I've only heard of one biography on
> Moony, called "Full Moon" by Dougal Butler. I've looked
> in all the book stores and libraries around me and can't
> find it ANYWHERE. I don't know if the stores suck or if its
> a really obscure book.

*** It is obscure, but I think Goldmine Magazine's book catalog still
has a few copies still in stock. The book was also printed under the
title "Moon The Loon". It's a great book, by the way, though it isn't a
biography - it simply recounts Dougal's years as Moon's errand-boy in
the seventies, and focuses specifically on Moon's wild antics and
anecdotes of his madness. He paints Moon almost as a sort a cross
between Howard Hughes and Jack Nicholson's Joker - Rich and having
expensive tastes, but utterly unable to take care of himself and
incapable of just being a normal-acting person for any useful length of
time. Which just makes me love him all the more.

Jeffrey Scott Holland
Lexington, Kentucky
jholland@iclub,org