Moon's Drums!!!!

   To Jean Pierre,
 In regards to components of Moon's drums & for anyone else interested, I
have the
complete specs for at least Moon's Premier white set he used on the 75-76
tour (to which he later presented to Zak Starkey--pissing off Ringo, who
didn't want his kid to be a drummer!)
  The specs I have are from an old issue of Circus magazine that  I will have
to dig up (I know I still have it) and are sizes for all drums = makes &
sizes of Paiste cymbals
he used for this kit. I will send them out as soon as I find them!
  Af ew other points of interest I have on Moon's kits (I am an avid fanatic
of his old
Premier kits and a fellow drummer myself):
*  In my hometown of Boston they have a two-drum display from one of Moon's
kits. As the drums are orange-ish in color, my guess is that they may be from
either the kit he used at the '74 Charleton shows (as viewed in Maximum R&B
film) or quite
possibly the '78 kit he used in the Who Are You video,which look sorta
orange.
This display is located in the Boston Hard Rock Cafe, and they also have a
case of smashed bits of guitar & drum parts (including an ancient Premier
bassdrum pedal),
as well as two sterling goblets which were a present from Moon to Townshend
in '77.
 * In the Hard Rock Cafe in London there is a very large floor tom (18 or
20'"!) from
Moon's Pictures of Lily kit from '67. My friend sent me a photo of this and
it is incre-
dible.
  Well that's all I can write for now---hope this helps!!!

                                                                          Ted
Garland

                                                             gartmoon@aol.com