Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #44

At 18:53 2/19/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

>Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 20:09:38 -0500
>From: salamander@MADNET.COM
>Subject: Re: Where are all the old people
>
>Ya'll see what I meant about how young fans are treated around here?

I remember your mentioning something about that and thinking at the time
maybe I should say something in support.  Then I forgot.  I'm over 40, you
know, cut me some slack.  Anyway, I'm happy to see fans of all ages here.

>don't think ANY of you have the right to sit around saying, "Oh, these
>kids today don't appreciate the Who" and then NOT say anything when
>people like this representative from the Fang and ML Fan Club starts
>using expletives to describe us.

Well...I'd see it as paying you the compliment of assuming you (or you-all)
can tell them to take a flying, yourself.  Sorry if you felt like the
younger fans were getting bashed here (earlier).  Heck, maybe they were, I
don't remember.  But fight for your right to party.  And Lev, if you're
reading, hope you enjoy both lists.  This one contains some of the Old
Guard as well, it's just not as populated as before.

ObWho:  US readers, see Roger on "Sliders" Friday evening, network TV.
Check your local TV program for time.

>Date: Thu, 20 Feb 97 09:34:40 EST
>From: dbowler@mgdestmx01.erin.gov.au
>Subject: Aussie tour no more...
>
>Word from Trinifold is that there are currently no plans to tour Australia and
>Japan between the Euro and US tours.
>

>Rock is dead they say...

<sigh>  Sorry about that, Denis.  But...come to the US!

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend