Music Literacy

A while back we had the discussion on whether or not the members
of the Who knew how to read music or not.  And if they couldn't
(especially Pete), what the hell was the music stand being used
for on the Quadrophenia tour.

My sources tell me, that the only member of the Who who can read
music is John Entwistle.  Which is understandable since he was
forced to learn the French Horn and the Piano when he was a young
boy.  None of the other members know how to read music.

However, just becuase they cannot read music, does not mean that
they cannot read Guitar Tabs.  Which may explain why Pete was
seen flipping pages during some of the longer sets during Quad.
My understanding is that it's possible to read Guitar Tabs without
knowing what Middle C looks like on a Scale.

That's just me though... discuss.

EMS