proper playback speed for Woodstock boot / web update

Greetings!

Its been a while since I sent anything to this list; I've been busy
with trips to Tahiti, buying my first house and populating it with
kitty kats, so I haven't had as much time to devote to various Who
projects for a while.  I recently got a new CD player that can adjust
the playback speed +/- 12% or so.  I thought this would be prefect for
the "Starring The Who" bootleg <URL: http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/
who/boots/vinyl.html#70> of the Woodstock concert, which is a little
fast.

Would someone with a more musical ear tell me the proper amount to
adjust the playback speed?  I don't know much about musical scales, but
I believe the manual on my player said that a change of 5.9% slowed
down by a "half"? or something like that.  If anyone else out there has
done some work to determine the appropriate playback speed of this
boot, I'd really appreciate it!  Of course I will annotate the entry in
the bootleg list to reflect the preferred setting.

Which brings me to the subject of the Who material in my webspace;
here are some updates and previews....

Who bootleg web page

    I have 150+ messages in my "new bootleg mail" folder!  I am
    building the bootleg list into a database, which will make it
    possible for people to add/expand the database without so much work
    from me, you will also get some cooler "features" that will allow
    you to search for that perfect boot!

    I have bought a nice flatbed scanner recently, so I am scanning
    the covers and labels of the various bootlegs that I have.  I
    am willing to scan the CD inserts for other bootlegs that I
    don't have, returning the original back the owner of course!

    I wish to thank the many people who have contributed to the
    bootleg list and apologize for not being more timely in my
    updates; by building a database I think I can make it such
    that future submissions make it into the web pages in under a
    week.

Who photo gallery

    Now that I have a scanner (see above), I will be adding to my
    collection of photos soon as well.  With the recent Quad touring,
    I have snatched a few pictures from other web sites which will
    be placed in a separate area in addition to the ones I have
    scanned myself.

Live at Leeds reissue index

    This has remained a static list since my initial collection of
    serial #'s when the reissue first came out.  I'm going to add
    a scripted front-end so anyone can register themselves on the
    list with their serial number.

... and now for some new projects:

Kids Are Alright insert:
    When TKAA came out in 1979, the original double album soundtrack
    contained a nice booklet (loaded with pics!) describing the history
    of the band up until that point, along with commentary on the songs
    included in the soundtrack.  I've never seen this included with
    the TKAA cd issue by MCA, and as far as I know it never was included
    with any cd pressing of the soundtrack.  Its a shame as many of
    the pics are nice and the commentary isn't bad either.  My plan is
    to put this entire booklet on-line in a form as closely resembling
    the original as possible.

Who Club newsletters
    The defunct Who Club from the early 80s put out a number of
    newsletters.  I have a bunch of them (I was a member at the time;
    hi Diane :).  Some of them contain little snippets of information
    that might be interesting to another fan, but I never had the
    energy to transcribe them into the machine.  My new scanner has
    some pretty decent OCR capabilities, so I might be transcribing
    them into the machine in that manner.
- --
http://www.xmission.com/~legalize	Legalize Adulthood!
legalize@xmission.com