Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #33

Look, why bother with a bopic of Moon?  It can't be done.  Why
doesn't Townshend (or whoever) just sanction someone to make a great
big compilation of all footage of him - intervies with Starr, Harty
etc. Rock 'n' Roll Circus etc. and all the other stuff we've never
seen?  There must be loads of it.  It took 'em umpteen years to
release "Maximum R&B" compilation.  Moon is Moon.  Getting someone to
play him is going to be as contraversial as getting some one to play
Jesus (apologies to John Lennon) or, dare I say it, God.
Who would play the rest of the Who?? I've got nothing against a film
_about_ Moon, but I for one would be watching it going "Well, did
that really happen, or is this just invented to fuel the simple,
addled, fantasising minds of the American film viewing public who
think that England ' is just neat'"?????
Any responses more than welcom