Giuliano errors update

Here are the errors reported so far in the Giuliano Errors sweepstakes.
I'd like to thank all those who have contributed so far.  I hope this will
avoid wasteful duplicated effort and inspire all to dive in and contribute
more:

Page #
Error
Correct info

9
Error:  'Stardom in Action'
Correct: 'Stardom in Acton'

25
the subject is the Detours and the timeline is supposed to be the end of
1962.  Giuliano relates an Entwistle story about the Herd sharing the bill
with the "Detours."
The Herd didn't form until 1966.

47
"Then on April evening in 1964...appeared an elfin 'appirition" (p. 48):
Keith Moon was then a seventeen-year old.."
In April 1964, Keith would have been 16.  He didn't turn 17 until August 23rd)

66
"Upon release of the band's first LP, The Who Sings My Generation,
compiling their early singles..."
(the album had only one single on it that had been previously released, "My
Generation")

75
.....," recalls drummer [Ginger] Baker, who incidentally penned the Who
b-side instrumental "Ode for a Pig."
He obviously means "Waltz for a Pig," which in fact wasn't written by
Baker, although Baker was a member of the Graham Bond Organisation, who
recorded the song.

76
When talking about the Who's first trip to the US in 1967, Giuliano talks
about the night at the Fillmore East when the fire broke out next door.

This happened on a later tour.

80
"...The absurd 'Cobwebs and Strange' later became an ad for Heinz beans"
Say what?!?!

80
...Even ["I Can See for Miles"]'s December 1967 release date was vaguely
out of kilter...
Both Barnes' and Charlesworth's books give a 10/67 release date for both
the US  and the UK.

180
'The album's opening track, "Empty Glass,"'...
Correct: 'The album's title track, "Empty Glass,"'...

203
Error:  'Stardom in Action'
Correct: 'Stardom in Acton'

250
Quoting 'Fake It', Guiliano writes: 'If you use the right antic'
'If you use the right tactic'

274
"December. The Who Sings My Generation, the group's first album, is issued."
(the album released then was called simply My Generation. The Who Sings My
Generation was the U.S. title released the following April.)

275
"Saturday, January 1.  The Who appear on the American television show
Shindig..."
(it was January 8th)

275
"Wednesday, January 5.  During an appearance on BBC Television'sA Whole
Scene Going Townshend admits to having smoked dope."
He actually said the group was blocked up all the time meaning in the lingo
of the time on speed.  Marijuana was never mentioned.

288
cites Pete appearance on _Late Night with David Letterman_ as June 29, 1989
actually was June 28.  June 29 Pete was performing with a few other folks
at the Meadowlands.

336
Error:  'Stardom in Action'
Correct: 'Stardom in Acton'

ix
quotes lyrics from "The Song is Over" as "I sing my song to the infinite
sea."
I sing my song to the wide open spaces/I sing my heart out to the infinite sea"

picture section
a picture of Keith  and Annette Walter-Lax, with the caption "Keith Moon
and his lovely young wife,  Annette, ..."
they were never married.

says he spoke with Pete in "spring of 1990, during the Who's _The Kids Are
Alright_ reunion tour"
TKAA tour was actually June-Nov. 1989

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend