Re: Tommy Theatrical Production(s)/Bill's mail

Thank you Bill for your thoughts. I was interested by your comments.  I
think I probably agree with

' My particular interests however
>do not lie in the microscopic details admired by many. In the same
>breath, I envy those of you Who are able to treat this hobby with such
zeal.'

My zeal exists in something that's possibly not involved in the detail
either although, like you, I am amazed by the incredible detail of
people's knowledge - and bow to it.  That's why I tend to 'lurk' rather
than contribute much.

Re. Tommy.  Yes, perhaps you're right, perhaps we didn't support Tommy
well enough.  Well, It's obvious that we didn't - it closed when other
shows go on for years whether they have replicas in the U.S or not.  I
don't know what level of support people have to give to keep something
going for years in the way that some shows do.  I went twice - would
have hapilly gone again and intended to when it got to a reachable
venue.

I have heard your comments about the comparison between the show in the
U.S. and London before.  I am an avid theatre-goer in London and feel
that there could have been better venues for the show.  Especially with
better technical facilities.  A lot of the venues are old buildings
without the technical capabilities of some of the buildings on Broadway
that may look like 'traditional' theatre buildings but hide their
facilities well.

A building such as the Palace theatre might have provided what was
needed but is currently housing the everlasting Miserables and would
probably be quite a risky bet for a new show like Tommy.

I said I thought PT must be v. disappointed because there have been
times when things that should have been ongoing successes for him seem
to have fizzled.  There's no reason for it as far as I can see and it's
certainly not for want of hard work - or even awards.

Anyway I'm warbling.  My feelings purely sprang from wanting to see
continuing success from everything that any member of The Who puts their
hand to - especially Pete.  Sounds daft when you read it back in print.

Bye

Fi