A Mere Teenager

This weekend I picked up the "Mose Allison Greatest Hits" CD.
It has his versions of SBW's "Eyesight To The Blind" and Allison's own
"Young Man Blues" as well as other Allison tunes the Who sometimes did
live.

"Eyesight" is very different from the Who's arrangement (very bouncy and
boogie-woogie) and YMB is as super-cool as the Who's is super-hot.  The
pacing of the tune, however, is almost exactly the same in its
start-and-stop way.  As you may have read or heard, this version has "a
young man ain't nothing in the world these days" instead of the Who's
"ain't got nothing."

As I was driving into work listening to it I stopped at a light and
decided to check the CD booklet to see if they happened to mention the
Who.  Imagine my surprise when it turned out that Pete had written the
liner notes!

This is a great record and I highly recommend it to Who fans even if its
cool-bluesy piano style seems so different from the Who.  His music meant
a lot to Pete and I think it could mean a lot to you.

                                     -Brian in Atlanta