Re: Woodstock

> I just found  a store today that had the complete Who set from
> Woodstock on CD.  It costs =A315 (about $27), and I just wanted to
> know if it is worth it.

Melissa:

Woodstock has been issued in many different "import" versions; it's not
an offical release. None are great so far, some are pretty terrible in
fact. All are in mono, and on most the lead track Heaven And Hell has
alignment problems (the highs fade in and out) and on some actual gaps.
I have heard the BEST version can be found on Woodstock: The Lost
Performances...which I got, and it sounds merely OK compared to other
TOMMY live boots. The best I've heard is from the Leeds show. It sounds
almost as good as the unremixed LAL.
My advice: try to get them to let you listen to it. It could be a new
issue with superior sound. However, the odds are great that IOW will
sound better.
On the other hand, as you point out, IOW is a legit release and in print
(for the moment) while you may never see the Woodstock disc again if you
don't get it.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend