new album?

The Who can't make a new album, because it's not really The Who anymore.
At the Nissan Pavilion show Pete called it "what we still refer to as
The Who" it was a great show but it really seemed to be a Pete Townshend
show.. Roger's voice seems cracky and Pete is actually singing stronger
than him these days. John is still great but it just seemed like Pete
and his band- Roger said in '89 he knew he was manipulated into playing
with Pete's band and now it's even more the case. I just don't see what
putting the name "The Who" on an album written by Pete would prove at
this point.
	As far as a live album, that would be great. I think that this is
really the end of The Who. The fact that the show was about half sold
and almost all old folks is another factor, it's pretty sad, not that
this is the group's fault! I'm sure The Who will never become an
"oldies" group like The Stones- the justification for this tour was
performing Quad right for the first time. The only thing left is if Pete
could ever get Lifehouse together but once again it might be uniquely
Pete more so than The Who. At any rate, I'd be very excited to see Pete
play solo, but I think the name The Who should be respectfully retired.
The first show I saw at MSG, the ticket just said "Quad" which was more
appropriate. The point of the show was the opera. All of the members are
still great, I just don't think there's such thing as The Who anymore.
	If anyone is going to write about how I'm a jerk and not a real Who fan
go ahead but I'm not going to bother to read it...