Talmy Discussions

	I am finding the debates/discussions on the topic of Talmy and the "master
Tapes" really fascinating; To branch off somewhat tho, I wonder if anyone
could explain  exactly what "master tapes" are and why they are so crucial
when re-mixing for a CD or whatever---my ears have HEARD the results of some
of the recent Who re-mixed ("re-mastered") CD's, but I would be curious to
know some brief "technical" details, again as to why the master tapes are so
crucial.	Jeff.