audience demographics

        My dad made an interesting comment to me the other day.  It
surprised me because he doesn't often notice these kinds of things.  He
noted that the Who's [dedicated] audience was mostly men.  (He also noted
the demographics of the people at the pre-show gathering.)
        It's been discussed in the past, but I thought it was a really
interesting point about the Who.  It's traditionally men who listen to them!
(In the "Maximum R&B" book, Barnes mentions that the Who used to alter
lyrics to make them offensive to women - the idea was to discourage
"screamers".)
        Personally, it's never bothered me, being in the numbered minority
on the list, as far as the sexes go.  Recently, there have been a number
more women subscribing (or at least de-lurking) - which I think is great -
but there are still many more men on the list.
        My theory is that most women aren't into "hairy-arsed rants" (as
someone so perfectly labelled many of the Who's tunes).  I guess it takes a
special kind of girl to appreciate the Who... right, ladies?  Any other
theories?

JenniferD - junior MASAWA member
My Guitar         __   ____		http://www.nt.net/~jen/
 :::=====================I  |		"I wanna drown in your