News on "The Iron Man" movie

The following is from Harry Knowles' "Ain't It Cool News" at:
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com

    THE IRON MAN (nothing to do with Tony Stark, makes you feel out of
sight so unreal... Sorry)

	Meteor Man contacted me about THE IRON MAN animated film at
Warner Brothers Feature Animation. Turns out according to the Meteor Man
that the film is a film version of Pete Townsend's 1989 concept album,
"The Iron Man", which was based on a children's book (Remember the song
"A Friend Is A Friend"? It's from there). Townsend is writing a few new
songs for the film (he said so in a recent interview) and that Roger
Daltry (who sang a few songs on the album) is trying to repeat his duties
on the film (which would indeed be cool)

	Then Briar Rose contacted me with the knowledge that a fella by
the   name of Brad Bird is gonna helm this here feature. And guess what?
Instead of tons of CGI work, they will just CGI the Giant, nothing else.
So mark your calendars its coming up just around the corner in Summer
1999! According to the radiant Brian Rose, the director has been heard to
exclaim in a insane cartoon manner that under no circumstances will the
kid in the story start singing, "I know I can rely on, a giant made of
iron." THANK GOD FOR THAT! Sure would love some production sketches from
this one, I bet that Giant is gonna look cool as hell. And I'm curious as
hell to see what animation style they are gonna go with. Oh well patience
patience, all good things to those who wait.