Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #199

Hello fellow Who-freaks!

I'm new to the list, so I thought that I'd introduce myself. I was a
serious fan in the 70's, and even quoted "905" in my high-school yearbook.
The first time I saw the Who was in Zurich, back in December '79. (or
January '80... can't quite remember). It was an amazing show... Rabbit
Bundrick (formerly of "Free") on synths, Kenny Jones on Drums, and a
five-piece horn section. I saw them again in London about 18 months later.
Seriously dissapointing! Townshend looked drunk, and Daltrey seemed pissed
off with Townshend. Also, no horns, and the synths were on tape. This
helped to steer me away from the Who, as did the release of "Face Dances".
That same week I saw Jeff Beck (with special guest Jimmy Page) and one week
later, the Grateful Dead. Two killer shows! I must say that I'm suprised to
hear that the Who are still around. Could someone tell me who is in the
current linup? Also, is there any new material ?

Thanks,

Mike from SA
Cape Town 2004 !
Mike Stroud, SunSystems Software Consultant
AdvanceNet, PO Box 2964, Rivonia 2128, South Africa
tel (+27 11) 465-0340
fax (+27 11) 465-0399
mikes@advancenet.co.za