Re: Entwistle questions

On 08/01/97 12:30:24 you wrote:

>I have a friend who's not on the list with two Entwistle questions, so
>if anyone can answer I'd appreciate it. What kind of bass is he using in
>the Tommy movie, and when did he switch from pick to fingering (or did
>he ever use a pick at all)?
>Thanks in advance.

During the Pinball Wizard sequence it looks like a Gibson Flying V bass.  During the scene with the preacher (Clapton) it
appears to be "The Axe".  The Axe was one of many custom made basses by Peter Cook that John had done.  The Axe was sold at
auction in '88.

John has always played with both a pick and his fingers.  A perfect example of this was last year at a club show, when after
playing Long Live Rock John gave me his pick and then played Shakin All Over with his fingers.  Nice bloke that Entwistle.

Bruce