Toronto Show...

Ok I think I have finally recovered from my Who Trips. I had the pleasure of
seeing The Who three more times in Detroit, Indy, and Toronto. I'll try not
to repeat what had already been said about these shows.

I'll start with the Toronto show since that is the latest show I had seen.
All I can say is that The Toronto crowd was the "LAMEST" of the three shows
I just recently saw. What the hell is up with that? Toronto is one of The
Who's stronger fan bases. Wake up folks this is The F*#king Who on stage not
a Lounge Act! I've seen alot of shows in Toronto and I have never seen a
crowd so dead. I know Gary you referred to the crowd as being reserved but I
don't think anyone had a pulse in section 202 where I was sitting. I wasn't
feeling 100% myself but at least I made an attempt to show The Who that I
was alive and ready to ROCK with them!!! To be fair the crowd did finally
show some signs of life near the end of Quad and during the Encore.

We arrived late in Toronto so we missed the preshow gathering :-( We did see
Stoo just before the start of the show near the Beer lines. Great to see you
again Stoo, and thanks for remembering. It took 25 minutes to get two beers.
Toronto could learn alot from the States on how to serve beer quickly and
efficiently. It's kind of ironic since The Venue Is called "The Molson
Amphitheatre" that it would take so long to get a drink. You would think
that all of those years in the brewing business they would know how to
handle a crowd?

It was great to see that the band were performing longer solo's and jams.
The Ox is truely an amazing BASS player. Everytime I see The Ox play he
never fails to impress me. Those fingers must be a real hit with the ladies
:-) Pete did a rather long version of Drowned that was the best I had seen
so far. Anytime I saw Pete play electric chills ran throughout my body.
Roger's voice wasn't in it's finest form that night :-(

The Indy show was out in the middle of nowhere. That corn sure was high
though. The parking lot is quite a mess to get out of. The temperature that
day was 98 with a humidex of 112. She was rather toasty during the day.

I was totally shocked at how many people were buying lawn tickets at the box
office. Alot of people were also giving away free seats. The three of us who
went all had free seats in the second level compliments of some rather nice
Indy locals. The highlight that night was when Pete dropped his guitar at
the end of Who Are You and just walked right off the stage. Roger and John
were rather surprised. Rog said Pete had a plane to catch.

Detroit was the most receptive crowd of the three shows that I had seen so
far. Everyone was singing during the entire show where I was sitting. We
also stood for most of the night which I didn't mind since like I said
before everyone was into the entire show. The security and the sheriff
officers were rather strict about drinking in the parking lot. What's up
with that?

I was impressed with all the walk up business The Who were getting. I know
Detroit was sold out for sure and by the looks of it Indy and Toronto were
pretty close to being sold out too?

Trying to find the preshow gatherings in Indy and Detroit was next to
impossible. The lots were rather large. There were lots of ballons in
Detroit in particular.

Well I can't wait to see THE WHO in Darien Lake on my 28th Birthday. Wahoo!!!!

Steve