Re: meet the new boss, same as the old boss

At 16:53 4/30/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:54:32 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Godfather <lmunro@mustang.uwo.ca>
>Subject: Re: meet the new boss, same as the old boss
>
>Paul re:
>
>> being.  I don't want to rip open old wounds, but Mr. Fang was removed
>>from the
>> list last summer and told in explicit, legally-enforceable terms that he
>> was not welcome back.
>
>Why was that Mr Moriarty? Was it because you are a resentful man that runs
>a second rate mailing list

Luke, I'm surprised.  I would have thought better of you.

?  I'm sure we all can't wait for O&S to return so you can go back to
>stuffing your rules up your butt.

No one's forcing you to post to or read this list.  OTOH, you're not the
first to turn to it when your list of choice went black.  One would hope
for a bit of courtesy from those to whom this list is providing a refuge,
or if that's impossible then at least manage to refrain from insulting the
very person who makes your alternative possible.

For anyone who has not seen them (or needs a reminder) here are the
official rules of the list as Paul posted them last summer.  They are taken
from pretty standard works concerning mailing lists and IMO anyone who has
would seriously oppose them has more of a problem with rules per se than
any substantive complaint about the content: