That Feng You Do

"Wally" aka so many other IDs scribbled:

> My gosh. I didn't think you were going to write me a book.

Why, Fan...I mean, "Feng," your reply is much longer than mine!

> You must have a lot of free time on your hands.

I love this coming from you. That's rich...or should I say: you're Rich?

> Maybe The Who was doing the Blue Cheer version?

Nope; The Who were doing it first. Check your Rock history.

> Do you really believe that all the popular bands of the time heard The Who
> performing in these small clubs

Since you obviously don't know how these things work, allow me to
enlighten you: the major British bands of the time certainly did
frequent clubs...the UFO club is one notable example. "All" the popular
bands didn't have to see The Who to be influenced...since once the
majors began to change their music, it had a ripple effect.

> The Beatles had 4 albums out by the end of 1964 (that's prior to the 1965
> release of My Generation). What exactly is your point?

The first four Beatles albums are Chuck Berry/Blues type songs...haven't
you heard them?

> Now you are talking about quality of the music. What does this have to do
> with influences? I asked you to back up what you were saying, and you are
> triying to change the subject.

At it again, I see. Change the subject then accuse me of doing so. Don't
you ever learn?
The point, which seems to have escaped you, is that a quick listen to
the music before and after MG was released backs up my statement. Did
you get it that time?

> my point was that most of the people you claim in
> influenced, probably never heard it back then since it did so poorly in the
> charts and wasn't exactly popular.

So you think that other musicians don't listen to music which "wasn't
exactly popular," you obviously don't know much about musicians. I know
several, and can assure you that they do. And they did especially during
the highly competitive British Invasion-era England.
They also played together. The Who opened for The Beatles, and also The
Kinks, before they "made it." Really, you should do some research.

> The word "influenced" can be very wide or narrow in the scope of it's
> intended use.

Why state the obvious? To make your post longer?

> Hard to know exactly what you were thinking about,

Yes, that you have a problem with that is obvious. Since others do not
have this problem, I'd say it all comes down to your reading
comprehension...or lack thereof.

> You make the bold assumption that without The Who, these other styles of rock
> music would not exist. While the Beatles may not have developed these styles,
> certainly other bands of the time (i.e. Cream) may have.

Once again, you show your lack of familiarity with Rock history. Your
assignment is to look up the date when Cream was formed. For extra
credit, see Clapton (he was in Cream, FYI) and The Yardbirds.

> we don't waste anyone's time further than we already have.

This from the man who wastes people's time more than anyone else I've
seen during the entire time I've been online.

Paul, this is definitely "White Fang" (he's never been man enough to
post under his real name, but instead gets around being kicked off by
inventing a new "identity" each time). His "arguments" are almost word
for word, his pet name for Yellow Ledbetter is one invented and only
used by him, his writing style is identical, the sarcastic tone of his
replies to each note, etc. etc. etc. You can do what you want with him
and the list (it doesn't matter to me), but "we won't get fooled again"
by this child-who-would-be-a-man and the massive inferiority complex he
must wrestle with each and every day of his life.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend