Good Morning Campers, KENNY JONES, Prepare To Flame!!

Now that I have gotten that out of the way...  I am a drummer, have benn
for 20 years, and a Who fan for just as long. I am getting sick of the
Jones bashing!  I love all 4 drummers The Who have used.  Kenney is one
of the best technical beat keepers around and was at his peek during his
Who years.  Sure, the 2 studio albums were not as flashy as Moon in his
day....BUT, listen to the WAY version of Rough Boys!!! Moon wasn't even
capable of playing anymore.  (I reiterate again that I love all 4
drummers they have had!!!!!!!).  They were looking for a capable beat
keeper with flash in 78!!!  We forget that KJ played most of the drum
tracks uncredited on the Tommy movie soundtrack!   I dare you to name me
a better ROCK drummer than KJ in 1978!!!!!  To better see his technical
brilliance and stamina, I suggest you pick up the "This Is For Them"
boot(The show after Cinn.).  Or even pick up Who's Last, turn up the
bass(Bad Mix) and listen to the snare work and all the same fills Simon
Philips used 9!!!years later and we all marveled at because the mix of
Join Together was so much better!!!
    Before you judge a drummer,  I suggest you should try drumming to
see which style is harder and more demanding!!!!! Here are the 4 styles
for ya all.........

 Moon...Well what can you say...all over the kit, soft to med. hitter.
When he was "on" he was untouchable...BUT When "off" ie Rough Boys WAY
ver. wel.......'nough said.

Jones... Total technique!  Just try to play Cry If You Want!!!!!  Power
drummer extrordinaire.  Better meter than a metronome!  Very hard
hitter,  Just watch "WHO ROCK'S AMERICA" and look at his 6" Tom for
evidence.

Philips...Incredible drummer...But the mixes of the live make him sound
better than Jones.

Starkey....Cross Philips and Jones and you get......

The Who have benn blessed to have 4 of the best drummers in the world.
The best power rythym guitarist,  And by far the best Bassist ever.  I
don't care if this tour is a money grab!!!!!!  Last summer I drove from
Toronto to NYC to see the greatest band of all time!!!!  Now I have 3rd
row tix for the Toronto show this summer at face val.(Friend is a Tic.
agent).

Sorry for the rambling, but KJ is one of my fav. drummers!
Thanks for listening.

      TOWSER..(Ken)

     "Once it was just innocence, brash ideas and insolence, but you
will never get away, with the things you say today.....
      You can cry if you want"

P.S JENN mail me if you want great seats for T.O.!!!!!