Re: The Who as an influence

The Who...blah...blah...blah...biggest influence...Led Zep...scrap...The
Stones less than the Yardbirds...Beatles...

And what about Dylan?
I guess you can find as many bits of his music in work by others as The Who,
and in at least as important and themselves influencial bands.
This includes Beatles (Lennon's Revolver  side), Stones (same era), Hendrix
("All along" !), Lou Reed (everywhere), Bowie (what about "Song for Bob
Dylan"???), Byrds, Neil Young... and nearly any American band when playing
acoustic ballads. In fact, did the concept of acoustic ballad exist before him?

Well, nothing to do with the Who, but I thought this needed to be pointed out.

~Keith.
 (on the Net, not the Moon).