Re: [none]

At 18:53 4/27/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 21:38:26 -0400 (EDT)
>From: David Aron Reaboi <dreaboi@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu>
>Subject: [none]
>
>my comments were misunderstood to add fuel to a zep vs the who debate.
>there should not be a debate to find the ultimate Truth (which will not
>exixt) rather, it's interesting to know what others think of their
>differences.

I agree with your post in general; Who vs. Blah arguments are usually
timewasters and engaged in by newcomers to either The Who or the list.
However:

>why not have a newsgroup full of people that love music, not just the who?

There are plenty of newsgroups devoted to music of all sorts, including
music in general (alt.music).  But this is a mailing list, not a newsgroup,
and it _is_ for discussion of The Who and (IMO, closely) related topics.
Posts about how much one loves music in general, or the philosophy of music
theory, etc. etc. are pretty much dreck here, however interesting and
relevant they may be in other contexts.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend