Lonely Fans

	I think that some of you on this list who bemoan the fact that you
are the only Who fans among your peers are missing the point.  I think all
of us rabid listeners should take great pleasure in the fact that we have
tapped into and connected with the greatest music ever made.  Who cares if
Pete's poignantly honest lyrics, Roger's angry yet melodic voice, John's
powerful bass, and Moonie's second-to-none (not even Bonzo!), Animal-esque
drumming are lost on the tone deaf ears of our friends?  Personally, I
think if the Who had pop appeal like the crap heard on the radio nowadays,
they would cease to be The Who.  For truly, to be a member of the Who or a
fan, is to feel like "Inside outside leave me alone.  Inside outside
nowhere is home."  When I'm at a party and my ears are forced to listen to
modern rock, I know that when I return home the soulful music of the Who
will rstore my faith in music.  I in fact like to imagine that Pete wrote
songs like New Song as he forsaw what music would be like today.

	Anyway, I'd also like to defend IH and FD.  One of The Who's
strengths has been theie adaptive nature.  I don't think Pete could very
well still be writing about some "face" in a sea of "mods" in 1980 or 82.
Unlike the Stones, The Who sound changes yet loses no quality with time.
The Stones just sound pathetic trying to cling to a sound 30 years old.
Am I the only one who thinks that I've Known No War is a song worthy of
any Who album?

			- Mike

P.S.  Is there any truth to the rumor that The Who are still under
contract to make 2 more albums as The Who?