"Goin Mobile"

> You really feel "Cache
>Cache", which you rightly describe as "not Pete's best by a long shot"
>is better than "Goin Mobile", "Squeezebox" and "Long Live Rock"!  Keith
>Moon rolls over in his grave!  I know this is all just personal opinion
>but I think you are thrashing those tunes unfairly.  If nothing else,
>"Goin Mobile" has one of the most imaginative guitar solos of the
>Seventies ripping through it.  Plus the whole jam in the middle is a
>damn juggernaut; Keith is all over that kit!
>Anyway, I just had to defend one of My favorite Who tunes.

  That's cool. You're correct that the performances are outstanding on those
songs; i was refering mainly to the songwriting. Sorry, folks, even though
"Goin Mobile" was a part of the "Lifehouse" song cycle (which although it
never came to fruition produced the quintessential Pete compositions "Baba
O'Riley", "The Song Is Over", "Pure and Easy", etc. etc.), it is a nothing
song. It was a fun little song, which i guess is all it needs to be, but it
doesn't compare to "Cache Cache" in terms of songwriting. Pete himself, in
liner notes and interviews and on stage, has belittled all three of the
songs as fluff. Hey, some of it's great: who'd deny "Magic Bus" and "Happy
Jack" are two of the greatest nonsense songs ever written? And i'm all for
nonsense. But the serious, introspective songs are more of a challenge and
more of an achievement. Some people seem to think "Cache Cache" is a failed
challenge, i don't.

"It's the silly songs you like, daft punters!"