I've seen him smile twice.

Dear All,
                Cheers for the info re: Success Story, never got
around to getting WBN so I wasnt sure where the track had come from,
and never realised that John had wrote it! How stupid of me, it was
never likely to be Keith judging by "Cobwebs and Strange" (although
Girls Eyes is nice) and Roger didnt write much past Anyway Anyhow
Anywhere. Regarding other Entwhislte compositions, My Wife is a gem
of a song (espesh live at Swansea on box set) and Boris the Spider is
funny as sin, I think John maybe my fave member of the Who, when I
was younger (only 19 now, so I suppose I mean when I was 14 or 15) I
obviously loved Pete and Keith (I still do of course) more becos of
their antics, but the more I listened to Johns work on Who songs the
more I realised what a blinding musician he is, probably what I would
call the bands anchor. He looks so cool sheilding his bass when
Keith, Pete and Roger go ape-shit.

Cheers, Dave

"My jackets gonna be cut slim and checked
 With a touch of seersucker and an open neck
 I drive a GS scooter with my hair cut neat
 I wear my war-time coat in the wind and sleet"
                                  (P.Townshend)