Re: Sparks v. Sparks

Maybe this will answer your question about why "My Generation" is the way
it is on "Live At Leeds."  These are Pete's remarks immediately before
The Who launch into it:

"We'd like to say goodbye, now. (Audience groans) It's a long time to go
yet, in actual fact.  We do a number now which is kind of a little bit
of everything.  Mainly, it's mostly The Who and it's mostly The Who of
about three years ago and probably mixed in are little bits of The Who
today and this is the [something] is more or less our hymn.  The reason
we reprise 'Tommy' in it, in other word we repeat a bit of it, is to mix
all the bits of our history together in a one, great, huge, deafining
din.  And this is dedicated to you, really, because you've been really
incredibly kind and nice and friendly and that. (audience goes "awwwww")
No, really, considering (Keith says something), it's really wonderful to
be back in Leeds consdiering, yeah I was just going to say, remembering
the last time. [Pete indecipherable for a bit]  Anyway, we'll make it up
for you know with a special, long, drawn-out version of 'My Generation.'"
(Audience cheers).

				-Brian in Atlanta