You Know You're A Who Fanatic When...

I've seen lists like this on other mailing lists before, so I figured we
should have one too.

You know you're a Who fanatic when...
1. You notice that there's a guy in your photography class named Sam
Highsmith, and you think "If only his first name was Ray! I'd MARRY him
then, so I could be Mrs. Raymond Highsmith!"

2. The subject for your essay-which-expresses-an-opinion assignment is
"Why I Think 'My Generation' Should Be The National Anthem".

3. Your teacher writes a note on your personal identity assignment
asking why you didn't list being a Who fan as the most important facet
of your personality. (I figured it would be redundant after all the
space I devoted to discussing "Quadrophenia".)

4. People don't even ask what band you're listening to on your Walkman
anymore...they already know.

5. You get your hair cut just like Pete had his in the mid-Sixties.

6. You start making your own Who shirts.

7. You dream about the Who.

8. You fight tooth-and-nail with your keyboard until you can finally
hack out a passable (if allegro) version of "The Kids Are Alright".

9. This phrase is used by others to explain you: "Well, she listens to
the Who."

10. You see a jacket in a department store that's exactly like one Roger
used to wear in 1966 or so, and you grab ahold of it and refuse to let
go until your mum agrees to buy it for you.

11. All you want for Christmas is a white boiler suit.

12. You write a book report on "Horse's Neck".

13. You sit in the back of your science class singing "Acid Queen"
during the hydrochloric acid demonstration.

14. Your English teacher comes into class and says to you, "Hey, I
listened to 'Quadrophenia' last night for the first time in ages. See,
you influenced me!"

15. You try -unsuccessfully- to get your friends to call you Pete.

16. You write a full-length parody of "PsychoDerelict".

17. You actually read all of "Before I Get Old".

18. You can't make it through the day without your Who fix.

19. "The sheep thing" becomes a running joke with your crowd.

20. Your favorite time of day is 5:15.

Ya'll know what the scariest thing is? I didn't make ANY of those up!

                                      -Yellow Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com