Pete's Bloody Hand

The "bloody hand" Annie Lebovitz photo -- Pete's hand is
bloody because of hi windmilling method. Petee, in a Guitar
Player 2-part interview circa the 1989 tour, mocked heavy
metal guitarists who wheel their arms around and strum the
strings with the pick on the way up, and explains that he would
actually sort of claw the strings with his fingers. As he did so,
the strings would sort of carve under the fingernail, ripping
the skin and pulling the fingernails away from the finger,
resulting in bleeding which is made worse by the centrifugal
motion of the arm, which of course sends all that lovely arm
blood to the fingertips and splaying it out all over the place.
If you look at the photo I believe Pete's middle finger nail is
taped up for just this reason. He may or may not have punched a wall,
but I do know that this bloody hand business was a pretty common
occurrence
for him.

        "This is an important message to all the cute people,
	all over the world: if you're out there and you're cute,
	you're beautiful, I just wanna tell ya something:
	there's lots more of us ugly motherf***ers than you."
							--Frank Zappa

                         Michael K. Sheehan
                     sheehanm@rosnet.strose.edu
                     "Live long, and perspire."