John Entwistle in Hotel Triton telling of new Who album

>Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 05:24:08
>To: TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com
>From: Martin Lowry <martinjl@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: John Entwistle in Hotel Triton telling of new Who album
>
>I was in the Triton Hotel which was exhibiting John Entwistle's art work
yesterday (the 20th) when John himself walks right in at around midday.
Immediately he is surrounded by almost everyone in the room, including me.
He starts joking about his drawing from a solo album that is positioned next
to him, not in a speech but everyone in the place can hear him and no one is
saying anything else so it carried the same effect. He then went on to say
that he was just stopping by to see how things were going and that he hasn't
too much time because of the concert that evening. After this, one family
left and I got a chance to move towards John who was now talking
individually to people. One male in his mid-twenties was talking about how
much he enjoyed the concert the night before (19th) and that sort of talk
continued for about half an hour. A lot of people were talking to him and a
couple of times during these conversations he'd look around and smile at me
nicely. No one was leaving and eventually I was able to get in my question,
the one I wanted to ask him the moment I saw him come inside.
>I asked him "what does the who have against making new recordings and why
won't you guys just sit down in the studio and make another album?" John
looked up [the following sequence of events is transcribed exactly as it
occurred and the details of which are very important and accurate] and
raised his eyebrows and said "who's to say we don't plan to?" I was shocked
and said "what?" John then smiled warmly and gave me a wink as if he was
saying "yes, you heard right". I then asked "so when's this new album coming
out?" John just smiled again and said "soon" quietly. He then swung around
and started talking to some woman who was waiting behind him. I didn't get a
chance to speak to him again but I heard enough.