Re: Vancouver 10/16/96

At 19:53 10/17/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: TAPEBOY@aol.com

Thanks a lot for these detailed reviews, TAPEBOY.

>After the Tacoma show I had hoped things would get better and better,  but
>that was not to be.    It looked like trouble as soon as the lights came up
>on stage for the Real Me, and Pete was playing the acoustic guitar on it,
> instead of electric as he had in Portland and Tacoma.   Pete remained on
>acoustic for the entire performance of Quadrophenia.[snip]
>Boris was dropped from the encore (thankfully!!!) but not replaced by
>anything (unthankfully!!),  but John was invited to join Pete and Roger for
>Won't Get Fooled Again,

Sorry to hear about Pete's thumb, but Thank Ghod John finally got in on
WGFA.  I have been completely baffled as to why he hadn't been playing on
it before.  What, did he play electric bass with their acoustics? or
acoustic bass? or just sing along?

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend