Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #578

  Hi folks........I am new to the Who digest and am 30 years old and a
loooongtime WHO fan, but I don't understand--if this a WHO chat group, how
come all I ever see
are people looking for tickets to their upcoming tour or what kind of SG Pete
used.
C'mon, there are a whole range of topics out there....for instance, I had a
friend Who was a runner for  the Paradise club here in Boston when he was a
teenager and he actually met Townshend & Moon when they were out with a local
promoter (Don Law)
 While running drinks for Pete & co. my friend struck up a friendship with Mr
Moon who, after the night was nearing it's end proceeded to present my buddy
with his hat,coat & cane which he was wearing that evening and autographed
said items.
 This was in late '77 or early '78, my friend is not quite sure.
I didn't believe his story until he showed me the actual items and I compared
Moon's signature with one I saw in a book.......

       Long live rock!
                                                            Ted Garland
(gartmoon@aol.com)