Pete's guitar in early 70's

Hi Lucas

> 3. What's the name of that guitar that Pete Townshend used in the end of the
> sixties and beggining of the seventies? He used one on the 3rd Isle of Wight
> festival (It appears on the 30 Years Of Maximum R&B Live video, when they
> play Young Man Blues). I think he used one on Woodstock and on the Leeds
> show too. I would love to have one, but I don't even know if it's still
> produced.

Pete was using a Gibson SG at that time. On the video it is seen at
the London Colliseum, Tanglewood and The Isle of Wight (And maybe,
I'm not sure, in Amsterdam). He also used it on L@L and probabely
(not sure) at Woodstock. He switched to the Gibson Les Paul because
he was unsatisfied with the new SG's (He did smash a lot of them). As
far as I know he used the late 60's models. Those aren't made these
days but maybe a newer model is still in production.

Hans van der Maarel (1000697@bn.fnt.hvu.nl)
Origin: Long live Rock!