Keith Moon: Isle Of Wight

I have had the Isle Of Wight disc for several weeks and I am just now
beginning my anal-y-zation of the performance. This is a very profound set.
Some of the worst Keith I ever heard on the first several tracks. By the
time they get to Young Man Blues Keith starts to actually play the same
song the rest of the boys are playing, in the same time! Who knows where he
was, such a kidder was he. As the set progresses into tommy he plays some
beautiful, soon to be trademark Keith fills and melodies. So much more to
write but I must listen more and more. On the sound of the disc. No bass
first couple of tracks and what I hear is distorted. Excellent Guitar tones
from Pete through out, I always love hearing guitar players changing
pickups and there is plenty of that on this disc. Pete really was a master
in the early 70's of getting such a wide variety of tone from his hands,
guitar and amp. Little in the way of effects if any, in fact I don't think
he used any and his volume swells are just amazing in the tommy
segment.When he plays with his fingers on that SG the sound is soooo
pure..., which was to fail him towards the end of the night and caused them
to complete the set when they did, though pete seemed to want to continue
(only one guitar pete? shame on you, you should have grabbed jimi's strat)
but they had there problems didn't they (pete and jimi) Drum sound on the
disc is the worst of all recent releases. Awful really for the most part.
thin and over eq'ed sounding. Sounds like a case of not really having much
to work with from the live recording and trying to hard to make them sound
good. at times the kick is allright, big and round but always to much
artificial top. (Bass drums don't produce 10K and the who are not a disco
band or the talking heads) Entwistles bass sound improves and he, as far as
I am concerned is playing both bass and guitar simultaeneously. Any way, I
am ranting. some wonderful stuff. I am sending my disc back for a
replacement as it is the second half of disc two is unplayable. This is the
last time I use the internet for discs. it's not the fault of CDNOW, it's
just a pain to return discs this way. Back to my local store!

scott james

Is the whole world delusional or was it only me who saw the Braves win the
whole shooting match in 5?