Behind Blue Eyes book

Hey, why didn't you guys tell me this was out in the 'States already?
I spotted two hardcover copies at my local money-grubbing lousy
selection corporate owned mall bookstore today while buying Christmas
presents for my family. Spent about 10 minutes thumbing through it.
Interesting, and yet somehow dull. ANYTHING about Pete of course HAS to
be interesting, Pete is always interesting! He's so interesting I think
about him all the time! I've even been known to dream of him, which is
also why I giggle everytime anyone mentions the National Air and Space
Museum, but I digress. What I meant to be saying was, the author of this
book did not at all do his subject matter justice by penning such a dry
biography. And from what I saw, there were only like maybe three or four
pages where Mr. Author Man was actually in the presence of the Great and
Powerful Pete, which seems a little skimpy for a biography of someone
who's still alive. The rest seemed to be mainly bits of old interviews
and information gleaned from a woman called Kathy. Goodness knows who
this Kathy person actually is. She seemed to actually know Pete,
although I suspect that she's really Mr. Author Man's psychic friend.
"So Kathy, my psychic friend, what can you tell me about Pete today?" "I
see a house...a house...in Twickenham...HE HAS A HOUSE IN TWICKENHAM!"
"That's great Kathy, can you see the car too?" But the part that puzzled
me the most was in a description of the ever impressive Mrs. Karen
Astley Townshend, where she was said to have red hair. I always thought
she had BROWN hair. Then I realized that I've never actually SEEN a
color photograph of Karen, and that the shade of dark grey I interpreted
to be brown might in reality be red! Or purple, for that matter! It's
all a mystery to me. But now I see I've gone on much to long when all I
really meant to say was, "Hey people, 'Behind Blue Eyes' the book is out
in America!" I think I'll go watch "Xena: Warrior Princess" with my
sisters now.

                                                 -Yellow Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com