The Who - on MTV Unplugged

Subject: The Who - on MTV Unplugged

I just got my subscriber's copy of Satellite Times for December - it
mentions that on Dec 4 (two days before Earls Court 6/7 shows) the
lads are appearing on the above show. Surely some misstake....????

But no, it mentions this in an editorial about the reissues WBN/WAU/MG/
QUAD/IOW CD's, plus Who Live, FTROTommy - they have the cheek to
give star ratings!! - see page 31. Please somebody tell me this is for
real - where and when exactly did they find time to record this?

I picked up Who IOW on PAL Laserdisc too, yesterday - much better than
tapes and that Japanese Sony job.....I was at the 69/70 shows, so this
is all getting too much for me - all my prayers are being answered
within 6 months of June 29th. When you've put up with a Uher portable
recording for 27 years, I have no complaints whatever about the sound
(the ST guy says it is of 'varying sound quality' - but so was the
live sound, festival PA's were not too good back then). Love the
feedback from all the US shows - hope to return the favour with the
2x Earls Court and Manchester Nynex ones - managed to get very good
tickets for all 3 - makes you sick doesn't it?