Who concert in Buffalo

        I still can't put into words what the concert meant to me.
        I guess an adventure has to start at a beginning, so that would be
the Brewery.  (I won't bother to tell you about the excriciatingly dull time
we had being lost, having taken the wrong exit.)
        It was wonderful to meet the people from the lists - it's nice to
have faces to go with the names.  (This get-together idea was pure genius!)
Thanx again Jason for bringing the photos from the Molly Wee.  Mark L - for
some reason I didn't think you'd be so tall... and scary!  Who fans are
great people.  BTW, Stoo - Mom (we'll call her that) swears that she's met
you somewhere before.  Really.
        Then, on to the concert.  My face was hurting from smiling so much.
Little things would set me off grinning: "Quadrophenia" on a t-shirt, a
particular chord in the music on the PA, even someone else smiling!
        Linda Perry was... there.  I squinted at my program in the dark
through most of it.
        When the lights went down and the video came up, and the entire
audience stood, I was thrilled.  When, a few seconds into the video I looked
at the stage, I was in ecstacy.  I could see the boys, in silhouette in
their usual spots, only a hundred feet away.  I've never seen anything more
incredible in my life - and they were just standing there!
        Much of the rest of the concert is a blur of images, sparked to
memory by the music.  I cried twice, once during "Cut My Hair" and the other
during "I'm One".  It was almost unreal until one thing in "Sea And Sand";
instead of just "Come sleep on the beach", Roger added a "please" at the
beginning, and for some reason that connected me back with what was going on.
        The encore is something that I've dreamed of seeing: Pete and Roger,
on the same stage, enjoying themselves at least a bit.  (I can't believe
Pete told him: "That's a f---ing ugly hat."  No, actually I do.  I can't
believe that Roger managed to keep singing the right lyrics!  And when Roger
had it twisted sideways, he looked practically boyish!!)
        To all those stubborn folks out there who are against an "Unplugged"
kind of thing...  GET REAL!  They could do this thing.  Sure, they don't
have to follow the standard format, but they could do something great!  (I
had no idea that Roger could still play....  It was a pleasant surprise!)
        Listening to the rest of the crowd fill in the harmony during "Who
Are You" absolutely made the concert for me.  THIS is what those other poor
buggers who don't follow the Who are missing.
        Technical stuff will follow.

JenniferD
A Guitar          __   ____
"Every year it's the same, and I feel it again:
I'm a loser - no chance to win"  'I'm One', the Who