Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #601

HERE'S MY REVIEW OF THE DAYTON OHIO SHOW 11/4/96:

Opening act was loud and lame.I don't know their name and don't care
to,(come in late, or have another beer). The Who came on as scheduled
at  8:50 and tore into the set. Things were going well until,Gary
Glitter showed up. What is the deal with having him there? Are our boys
that senile to think that people would dig this loser? Billy Idol did a
great job and looked like he had alot of fun too! Zak should have been
invited along time ago, he was awsome! Simon Townshend was very good as
well, I really dug the parts when he and pete harmonised together. The
video stuff worked well, but after awhile "jimmy" wore out his welcome,
it did interfere with the flow of the show. I could"ve done without it
and been happy. At one point, my father quipped "has'nt this dipshit
fallen off a pier yet?",(he actually got some applause from the row in
front of us). All in all a great show, I hope that the next time they
might try and come up with some new stuff. I enjoyed the 89 tour but,
the rehashing can only go so far, my message to the Who "don't end on
this note either guys!"
 --
MZ9