Paul Nicholas.....

...had a hit in the '70's or early 80's called "Heaven on the Seventh
Floor" and appeared in the bomb of a movie, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts
Club Band" - Robert Stigwood's attempt to cash in on the Beatles, starring
Peter Frampton and the Bee Gee's.  If you are up for a laugh, rent it
sometime (if it's even available.)

Haven't been able to keep up with you guys lately!  Thanks for the MSG
tip, Fang.  I hope it happens as I am going to be on the East Coast that
week- sans 2 yr old daughter!  Woohoo.  I missed all the Pete shows b/c I
was in Hawaii with my family.

Singles: I don't know that it would have been a good single, but I always
thought "Now and Then" should have had more airplay.  I am utterly and
completely dismayed by radio.  It has the greatest potential for
turning you on to interesting music but it's rare to find that.  Hey,
there's a question - if you were DJ and were going to play a ten song,
commercial free set to try and turn your listeners on to the
lesser known but interesting sides of the Who & co., what would you play?
I'd probably go for something like (I think mine's more of Pete set)

"So Sad About Us"
"A Quick One"
"Pure and Easy"
"Drowned"
"I'm One"
"Naked Eye"
"However Much I Booze"
"Guitar and Pen"
"You Came Back"**
"Now and Then"

**ok, so it's not the greatest recording but i love the song.  my husband
and i used it as our "first dance" song at our wedding 5 years ago.

Trish