Re: Tommy in Germany

Bernd et al.:
> > >According to Pollstar, the German production of TOMMY has been forced to
> > close due to poor ticket sales.  The first year sold only 217,000 tix vs a
> > projected 700,000.  Bummer.

> Though I don't mind
> spending lots of money on Who stuff, I am not willing to pay nearly $100 for
> a non-Who version of Tommy with a twisted storyline...  Maybe other German Who
> fans thought likewise.

Bernd is correct, the tickets for the show were heavily overpriced. At least if you
keep in mind that in the last few years dozens of "better known" musicals
opened here in Germany.
A few weeks ago they have reduced the prices. However, the definitely last show
will take place on June 2, followed by a farewell party...

I was at the show last year, and I really enjoyed it. IMO the
storyline is much closer to the original album than Ken Russel's film
ever was.

cK