Re: Who's First

        Actually, it took me awhile to remember when I was initiated.  But I
clearly remember now, getting a K-tel record that had all kinds of stuff on
it, when I was maybe in 4th or 5th grade (1971/72).  It included "I Can See
For Miles".  What's interesting about that record is that K-tel usually edited
the *Piss* out of the tracks they would use, but I remember ICSFM being the
longest track on the record, and it may have been the LP version (now that I
think about it, will have to see if the single version was edited from the lp
version).
        After that, it was WN, Tommy Soundtrack, the single "I Don't Even Know
Myself" (which I loved, and used to play drums to!), Quad, WBN, Tommy, WRU,
TKKA, and then everything else all at once!  Had at least *A* copy of every
domestic lp release by the time I was in college, and lots of non-lp singles
(not many PSleeves, though).

        True story:  I was in a band in HS, and we used to play "La La La
Lies".  But I never knew what the words were, so when he would sing "If I'm so
lost without a friend.....",  I kept thinking he was singing, "If I could lose
a guy like Fred...."   When I finally told him (and my brother, on bass) what
I thought he was singing, they were both hysterical..... it was difficult to
perform that song with a straight face after that.

        My hearing is even worse now.... drummer's plight.

                gary m.