Re: Who's smartest?

Rich B., Re:

>I think it would be interesting to find out which member of The Who people
>think is the smartest (particularly those of you whose answer ISN'T Pete).

        I've pondered this from time to time, but I don't think it would be
fair to crown one of them "the smartest." :)  However, besides Pete, I
think John is very intellegent, because of the thoughtful way he plays the
bass, and as you mentioned, his quick wit.  I believe to be a decent
musician, a certain degree of intellegence is required, but regarding
excellent musicians such as Pete, Roger, John, and Keith (okay, Kenney
too,) there's got to be something extraordinary going on (pointing to my
head) upstairs.
                                                                        Stacey