Re: Terry Riley, (MWC, send me a warning) ; Hi-Watt amp stuff

>> embaressingly
>>
>> >Terry Riley is well-known among devotees of minimalist music. His
>> >compositions frequently begin with a theme which he repeats forever,
>> >but with gradual changes. He was one of the early synthesizer users,
>> >which I imagine is what attracted Pete at that point.

Actually, TR usually used a yamaha organ with delay effects.  If you'll
notice the credits on Who's Next, Townshend is credited as playing both a
VCS3 organ (which I think was put out by Yamaha) and an ARP synthesizer.  You
can tell the difference by comparing The Song is Over, which definitely has a
mono ARP melody line running through it, and WGFA which to me sounds like an
organ with delay effects.
      If anyone has any specific information on how Townshend got his
keyboard sounds (especially on Who's Next, but other group and solo albums as
well) please post 'cause I'm dyin' to know.
     Also, if anyone knows what kind of modifications and settings he used on
his Hi-Watt amps (especially in 68-72 period) please pass it on.
                                                  Shawn