Re: whofilms ltd.

>   I do think that what is great about The Who is that they have so much
>diversity in their output. The Tommy and Quad films are clear examples of
>this diversity and I thank Jen for bringing up the topic. I'd like to hear
>what others think as well.

The differences between the films have very little to do with the band. I
seem to remember hearing that either Pete or Roger (cant remember which)
was unhappy with losing control of Tommy to Ken Russell. He is the reason
Tommy is the way it is, I think. If you have seen other films by Russell
you will know that he just simply has an odd take on film making.  Quad
is much more mainstream in every way and comes from the band's (Pete's)
experiences. Quad is based in a "real" style while Tommy is pure fiction
from Pete's imagination. The film Tommy is Pete's fiction warped by
Russell's surreal camera. A preferrence for one or the other depends
entirely on how many drugs one took in one's past. :-)or maybe something
else.
bob main ringpiece and godspeed (band and label)